Wednesday 28 August 2013

‘I Miss Dumbledore the Most’ – Harry Potter Author, J.K Rowlings

He’s the fictional wise, old, loveable headmaster of the equally fictional Hogwarts School of Wizardry in the hugely successful Harry Potter series. He’s Professor Albus Dumbledore and happens to be author, J.K Rowling’s favourite character.


15 years after the Harry Potter series hit the bookshelves taking the literary and entertainment circle by storm, J.K Rowlings has revealed that Dumbledore is the character she misses the most and with whom she had the strongest connection while writing the novels.


In her words: “I feel like I wrote Dumbledore from the back of my head. Sometimes he said things and told Harry things that I only knew I knew or believed until I saw that I had written them down in the voice of Dumbledore, he was the character who was hardest to leave for me. He was the person who I’d have come back physically and sit and talk to me. It would be Dumbledore.”

The Harry Potter series has sold over 500 million copies worldwide and has been translated into over 73 languages. It has also produced eight movies which have grossed over $7 billion in the box office. In celebration of its 15th anniversary, all seven books in the series are being released with a new cover artwork designed by graphic artist Kazu Kibuishi featuring a crucial moment from the book.

So do you agree with the author’s favourite character choice? Who’s your favourite Harry Potter character?

No comments:

Post a Comment