Thursday 22 August 2013

“Case Closed”: Lewandowski Resolves Differences With Dortmund, Now Earns Triple.

Borussia Dortmund forward Robert Lewandowski has resolved differences with the club over a failed transfer to Bayern Munich in the close season, the Poland international said after being given a pay rise.



Lewandowski, who scored 24 league and 10 Champions League goals last season for Dortmund, was desperate to leave the club to join treble winners Bayern Munich but the deal fell through after Dortmund blocked the transfer, saying he had a contract until 2014.

“The situation is now that I will stay in Dortmund for one more year,” Lewandowski told Sport Bild magazine. “We have put aside all disagreement and have cleared the air. There were mistakes made but the case is closed.

“I had a different starting point. I thought I was allowed to transfer. I was then disappointed and angry. But now everything is calm. I have always said I would respect my contract.”

Last week, Dortmund said they gave the forward an unspecified pay hike based on his last season goal scoring feat.

German media reported his salary was up from £1.28m to £4.27m annually.
The player’s contract runs until the end of the 2013/14 season at which point he would be allowed to leave as a free agent.

No comments:

Post a Comment