Saturday 13 July 2013

Mourinho Likes Rooney “Very, Very Much” But Moyes Is Tired Of Repeating Himself

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has admitted he is a big admirer of Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney.


The Blues have been linked to the 27-year-old striker after former United manager Sir Alex Ferguson disclosed that the England international handed in a transfer request last season- a report Rooney hasn’t officially disclosed.



“I cannot speak about players from other teams but you know me and you know is not my kind of character to speak with a little bit of hypocrisy,” said Mourinho in Bangkok, where the Blues are taking part in a pre-season tour. “I always say what I feel, what I think.

“I’ve always said he’s a player that I like very, very much but I cannot say more than that. Been fast and direct, I like him very much but he’s a Man United player.”

Meanwhile, United manager David Moyes at a separate conference in Thailand reiterated the clubs resolve to keep Rooney.

“Unless I was speaking double Dutch I think we said Wayne Rooney is not for sale,” said Moyes.

“It is hard to keep repeating myself. But I will do. Wayne is a Manchester United player and will remain that.”

The striker has since returned back from Thailand to England, hours since arriving in Bangkok, due to a hamstring injury he sustained in training.

Rooney said on his Facebook page that it was just a “niggling injury” and “nothing to worry about.”

No comments:

Post a Comment